Joint pain is a common problem that most people are familiar with. There are many different possible causes for joint pain, including rheumatoid arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, but also strains, sprains and similar injuries.
Luckily, there is a completely natural and effective remedy that can help with this condition: Lemon Peel.
Lemon Peel Remedy
Lemons are among the healthiest citrus fruits on the planet, but what most people don’t realize is that the whole fruit, including its peel, can and should be used. Sure, the fruit is sour, especially paired with its peel, but it’s packed with health benefits. Full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants, whole lemons can treat a variety of health problems, including:
- Throat infections,
- High blood sugar,
- Joint inflammation.
Indeed, lemons are versatile fruits that deserve to be a part of everyone’s diet. In fact, several studies have shown that the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of lemons can be used to treat joint inflammation and pain. This citrus fruit soothes the inflamed joints and relaxes the nerves and muscles, reducing the pain.
How to Use The Lemon Peel Remedy
There are two simple, effective recipes with lemon peels for joint pain. For the first one, you’ll only need lemons (preferably organic), and for the second one (more powerful one), just one more ingredient.
- Grate the peel of one organic lemon.
- Massage the peel directly onto the affected area and then put a bandage over it.
- Leave the remedy on for about two hours and then remove the bandage and gently wash with warm water.
- Peel two lemons and place them in a jar filled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).
- Close the jar and let the mixture sit for 2 weeks.
- Once done, saturate a gauze with the remedy and place it onto the affected area.
- Cover the gauze with a plastic bag and a wool scarf over the top.
- Let the remedy do its job overnight. In the morning, gently wash it off.