Cellulite, that dimpled, orange-like skin appearance of buttocks and thighs, affects about 90% of women at some point in life. Contrary to popular belief, men are not immune to cellulite either – but they are much less likely to get it.
The reason for cellulite appearing in the first place is fat – or to be more precise, when the fat starts pushing through the connective tissue under the skin. Although the exact cause is unknown, there are several factors that can contribute to the development of cellulite:
- Hormonal changes,
- Being overweight,
- Not exercising enough,
- Unhealthy diet (junk food).
If you’re struggling with cellulite – don’t worry, you’re not alone. Although one cannot completely get rid of it, there are certain things that can reduce the appearance of cellulite and improve skin texture.
One of the best natural remedies for cellulite is Rosemary alcohol which you can make in your home. In addition to reducing the appearance of dimply skin, rosemary alcohol can also help you get rid of fluid retention and gout.
Here is how you can make it.
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 150 ml of 70% alcohol
- 1 airtight, glass bottle.
First, cut the rosemary sprigs into small pieces and put them in the bottle. Then add the 70% alcohol, making sure it completely covers the herb. Close the glass bottle tightly and put it aside in a dark place for 2 weeks.
How to Use Rosemary Alcohol
Because alcohol is quite drying on its own, it’s best to use this remedy after you’ve moisturized your skin. Here is what we recommend:
- Shower and exfoliate your skin either with a scrub or a shower puff;
- Pat dry your skin but leave it damp;
- Take coconut oil and moisturize your skin thoroughly;
- Finally, take a cotton cloth, pour some Rosemary alcohol on it and rub your skin, massaging it gently (use only on areas affected with cellulite/fluid retention/gout).
Use this remedy for at least 2 weeks before accessing the situation.