This is amazing recipe which results with really delicious snacks, sweet but very healthy. These cakes are rich in fiber and proteins, which is great against constipation and effective for managing your weight, cholesterol and blood sugar.
Ingredients and Instructions
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut flakes (shredded)
- 1/2 cup of high-quality protein powder
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla and cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/8 of a cup of water
Heat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Blend the sunflower seeds until they are broken on smaller parts. Then put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well. If the mixture is too crumbly, you can add some water or coconut oil.
Make circular forms like chips of the mixture and place them onto a cookie pan. Put more pressure while you forming them, because they need to be more flat. You can make nearly 18 cookies from this mixture. Then proceed with baking for about 15 minutes.
- You can replace sunflower seeds with coconut shreds.
- You can use any type of healthy seeds and nuts
- You can include or exclude some of the flavors, it’s up to you.
If you are on some autoimmune diet, then maybe you want to replace the sunflower seeds with extra amount of coconut flakes.
These flakes are rich in medium chain fats which speed up fat burning process and provides enough energy for your body and brain. Also, they represent a good fiber to the microbiome.