Our busy, stressful lives can have a major impact on our health. To recuperate ourselves, we need enough good quality sleep. The problem is, nowadays many people don’t get enough sleep in general, let alone good quality sleep!
To help you ease yourself into a peaceful night’s sleep, we’ve selected the best, most relaxing and simplest yoga poses that you can do right before going to bed.
1. Child’s Pose
Although this pose is super-simple to do, don’t underestimate its effectiveness. It will help you relax, elongate your spine and make you sleep like a baby.
- Kneel on the floor with your big toes touching together.
- Sit our your heels and then widen your knees a little (in line with your hips).
- To make yourself more comfortable, you can put a pillow under your chest and rest your head on it.
- Relax, breathe deeply and slowly for as long as you like, but at least for five long breaths.
2. Downward Facing Dog
This well-known yoga pose will help you strengthen and elongate your spine and will help you relax before going to bed.
- Come onto the floor on your hands and feet.
- Your feet should be placed at hip-width and your arms at shoulder-width.
- With your legs straight, press your heels into the floor and lift your sitting bones toward the ceiling.
- Breathe deeply, holding the position for at least five breaths.
3. Cobra Pose
This pose will stretch your spine and promote body flexibility. It will also de-stress you, helping you sleep better.
- Lie on the floor and stretch your legs back (the tops of your feet should be on the floor).
- Spread your hands on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Now press your body into the floor, elongating your spine.
- Inhale and exhale deeply and hold the position for at least five breaths.